Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sundays with Grandmama

God what a long day of climbing. . . 7 hours is alot for me.

Woke up late and called Chad around 1130. It was absolutely amazing outside so we decided to spend the full day at grandmother. I got all my shit together and headed to backyard for my usual chicken strips and mountain dew. wow that sounds redneck. I picked up Chad and we headed to valley of the kings since I've never actually climbed there. Funny I know. We warmed up and got on some cool easy lines that were pretty classic for valley of the kings (Chad called them classic lines for the valley to describe what we were on to some random dudes were walkin around). We spent some decent amount of time there. Climbed Darkman and some other variations that were around there. The Fin/ Potato Chip was really cool too. After we had enough of the valley we packed up and moved on.

We ran into Robert Simple and Michelle at the chainsaw boulder and talked for a bit. We then saw Dean coming down the hill as we went up to the Mighty Mouse boulder. Dean always cracks me up, I don't know why, he just does. We started on Mighty Mouse and Chad walks the damn thing as I continue to flail. I was tired as shit but I still consider myself a pussy for not being able to do it. . . . . again. This was the closest I've ever been so hopefully next time I'll get up there and do it. We kept moving around the boulder. Chad did the Clamper classic. We moved to the Big Easy. That was fun. Went into the Dead Rappers Corridor and worked Six Pac for Shur. That shit was fun! I hit the move and worked my way up to the next jug crimp. Fucked up my feet and was feelin around for something better than what I was on, got pumped out and had to jump off. Lame. I sat down and chilled for a little bit as the sun was goin down pretty quickly at this point. I gave it one more solid go. I hit the move, rolled up there, got better balanced feet and topped it out. I had to move quick on the upper holds cause I felt myself gettin pumped again. I thought it was pretty damn funny that I was tellin myself to hurry the hell up or I was gonna get pumped out and jump off again or fall like an idiot. After I sent Six Pac and Chad sent it with a couple goes after me, I looked at my video camera to see how the footage looked and I FREAKIN RAN OUT OF TAPE!!!! I was so pissed. The lighting was finally good and I had a good angle for the shot but no footage of either ascent. HORSESHIT!!!!

Anyway we ended the day with, I think it was Biggie Smalls. The V2 thing to the left of Six Pac. We hiked off in the dark and were the last ones off the mountain again. All around awesome day. I'm tired as hell and need to get up and get shit done tomorrow. Sometimes I forget I'm still a college student. : / Hopefully climbing on Tuesday.

Video of the Fin to come. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment